TREKSPACE

The social network for Star Trek Fans!

What was the official reason Muldaur replaced McFadden temporarily?

I just want to know. No one ever explained it to me, and I've never found anything written anywhere about it. Could someone who knows please explain it to me? Thank's in advance.

Views: 11340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been wracking my brains trying to remember where I read this--a few years back, I read somewhere that a certain higher-up exec on the show (initials MH) took a fancy to Ms. McFadden and when she turned down his advances and complained to the other higher-ups, they chose him over her and she was fired. After the letter-writing campaign to bring her back, she was rehired for the third season (coincidentally, MH left the show at the end of season 2). I have no clue if any of this is actually true, but it sure would explain a few things...and if it was the case, then my respect for GMF knows no bounds and she is classy as hell for keeping it under wraps all this time, when she could've raised a huge stink about it instead.
I've NEVER heard this.... Interesting.... Im sure its just a rumor though. Could be wrong. But I am certain it was to have her baby. That was it. Im certain of THAT part anyways.
Hi Vanessa ! Yes , that is true ! Gates McFadden was fired from the Series , because of disagreement between McFadden and Co-Exec Producer/Writer Maurice Hurley . He was fired at the end of Season 2 , and Gates was brought back in !!
WOW! Thank you Darn:)
Hi Jim ! On her return to the Series , I believe she renewed a relationship with a Studio executive and they married soon after . Gates was pregnant in 1991 during TNG's 4th Season . Apparently , she missed being in the episodes at the end of that season !
She officially gave birth to a Wesley... Well, sort of.... :-))
As a side note, Diana Muldaur was also in TOS episode "Is There in Truth No Beauty?" where she plays an ambassador's blind wife.
I like both Diana and Gates !! Pulaski was friendly and tough , like Mccoy . And Crusher was an attractive and warm Doctor . I like how they made Beverley more personally responsive to her situations - She was meant to Mother the Captain and Crew . On the other hand , Pulaski was written for further involvement in the Series . She was a capable trusty replacement , even as a Captain . But Troi as the Ships Psychological Counsellor , being Betazoid , should have had that sort of Role , came across as an alluring cool and reserved person ?!
Rick Berman, in his 3 hour interview at emmytvlegends.com said that she was fired because a producer Maurice Hurley didn't like Gates personally, or her acting.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Latest Activity

Brigadier Mitch Raven Dunn JAG updated their profile
21 minutes ago
mike powers commented on Sharan_of_9's group Obscure Sci-fi Lovers
"I was a huge Sliders fan in the beginning.I agree that as the show went on it absolutely disintegrated into drek.A pity.It had a terrific premise of parallel earths in alternate dimensions.The original cast had wonderful chemistry.If FOX had let…"
2 hours ago
Trekscribbler (aka Ed) posted a blog post

April 19: On This Day In Science Fiction History

Hayden Christensen was given the unforgivable task of playing Darth Vader during his "Wonder Years."  For better or for worse, he did the best he could with his skills and the limitations of the material.  I know folks who don't even consider the STAR WARS Prequel films canon they dislike them that much, but --…See More
10 hours ago
BloodWine Peddler (Chris) replied to Steve Emirzian's discussion Things that don't make sense about Wrath of Khan.
"Savik was Vulcan not romulan?....and she had sex with teenage spock (snicker)"
18 hours ago
BloodWine Peddler (Chris) replied to Steve Emirzian's discussion Things that don't make sense about Wrath of Khan.
"what I wanna know is they said the genesis bomb was a failure do to the unstableness of the planet? it was not set off on a full planet like it was intended. the only thing it had to adhere to is khans ship. so its surprising that it even formed a…"
18 hours ago
Zelda joined Wendy Poirier's group
Thumbnail

UN of RPG's and SIM's

This groups is a union of all space/Star Trek RPG's/SIM's. It is open to all types of groups....everything space related that is! Please have a link in the add you post....otherwise you can post freely....no membership is required you can post freely with out waiting for someone to 'approve the post'. Like many other groups, you are requested to post once a week and if you represent  many ships/colonies, please put them all in one add, not in several separate adds. Owner: Wendy …See More
19 hours ago
Cera Dempsey updated their profile
22 hours ago
Cera Dempsey and Dan Zombie Gilman are now friends
22 hours ago
T'Bree commented on John Barnes's group Writers and RolePlayers
"Thank you so much, John! That was very kind of you. :D I have to say I just now discovered how to download via ISSUU. They made some changes awhile back and I couldn't figure out how to download, come Volume 2. :O"
yesterday
John Barnes commented on John Barnes's group Writers and RolePlayers
"Wow, looks awesome.  Looking forward to reading it.  Shared it to my followers on Twitter."
yesterday
T'Bree posted a status
"Oh my gosh, its says 2 when it should read 3. Trust me The Confrontation is Volume 3. I promise!"
yesterday
T'Bree posted a status
"I feel like an idiot. Finally discovered if I click on share over at ISSUU down below it is the word download. Red-cheeked, I am. LOL"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Alec Peters.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service